Director of Financial Reporting & SOX Compliance
Location: King of Prussia
The Director – Financial Reporting and SOX Compliance will assist with overseeing the preparation of monthly financial reports to provide management with timely and accurate financial information. This position will participate in various general accounting activities, including monthly close, review of journal entries and account reconciliations and management reporting in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Financial Reporting employees in the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reporting.
- Financial reporting management oversight includes coaching and reviewing staff-prepared key balance sheet reconciliations, monthly journal entries and other month end close activities such as management reporting.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that the proper controls are designed and operating effectively and being monitored on a regular basis.
- Direct SOX Compliance manager and annual sox process which includes Top Down Risk Assessment, internal control testing and updating SOX documentation by business process cycle, including process memos, flowcharts and control matrices.
- Coordinate and manage internal control remediation assignments.
- Identify and effectively address compliance risks, including financial and operational issues and legal/regulatory requirements as they relate to financial reporting.
- Develop and implement a continuous monitoring process, which enables the Company to self-assess the quality of internal control performance and effectiveness over time.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
To apply for this position, email Mark.Libes@AccountantsForYou.com and make sure to reference the position in the email!