Manager of Inventory Accounting
Location: King of Prussia
Job Summary (Purpose):
Plan, organize and manage all activities relating to Inventory Control management. Ensure that inventory values are recorded accurately in the company’s financial statements.
- Strong GAAP accounting knowledge and understanding of controls required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with various departments and staffing levels.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals to provide excellent service and drive continuous improvement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure timely and accurate reporting of all annual inventory counts
- Review and approve storage, exchange and terminal inventory contract reconciliations.
- Monitor district inventory transaction activities to ensure accurate reporting at month end (includes but not limited to fuel-in-transit, customer transport loads, miscellaneous district inventory adjustments, gain/loss, appliance gross margins & parts & fitting spend rates. etc.)
- Monitor inventory cut-off & recognition of revenue for transport and wholesale shipments.
- Responsible for inventory accounting and adjustments processing, including complete analysis and reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Complete month end close process which ensures cost/supply system interfaces to the general ledger timely and accurately.
- Perform trend and account analysis on all accounts related to inventory.
- Ensure inventory SOX controls are performed timely and accurately; update SOX templates as necessary and perform self-audits as needed.
- Prepare inventory metric reporting as necessary for upper management and the Field.
- Assist with training activities when necessary and prepare/update policies and procedures for the Field.
- Prepare communications for the Field related to changes in processes, control activities, etc.
- Assist with the preparation/updating of policies and procedures for the department to ensure consistency in process and ease of onboarding for new employees.
- Work closely with operations to ensure compliance from the Field for all inventory processes and procedures
- Continually work to improve systems and procedures related to inventory to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Represent Cost Management on Acquisition and Divestitures.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, guidance and training in the development of self and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple work assignments while meeting deadlines.
- Expected to function with limited day to day supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Strong PC skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and PeopleSoft a plus.
Education and Experience Required:
- Four-year college degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7 years of experience; Public Accounting (for-profit audit) and industry experience is preferred.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- CPA preferred. MBA or CMA considered.
To apply for this position, email Mark.Libes@AccountantsForYou.com and make sure to reference the position in the email!