Location: Philadelphia, PA
The responsibility of the Staff Accountant is to perform various general ledger accounting functions, analytical review, account reconciliations, intercompany transactions, and tax preparations. There will be close working relationships with internal and interdivisional finance team members, other departments across the organization, and internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for treasury and accounts receivable functions
- Responsible for general ledger entries as required
- Responsible to perform monthly account analysis and reconciliations as assigned
- Participate in the activities associated with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, maintain the applicable narratives of the internal controls over financial reporting, and perform periodic testing of the processes.
- Prepare yearly 10k and year-end tax packages on a divisional level
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of intercompany accounts receivable amounts
- Assist with the preparation of the division’s financial statements
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing or government contracting is highly preferred. Hands on experience including analysis of accounts and financial statements. Experience with standard cost and job/project cost is desired. Ability to use Microsoft Excel is required.
To apply for this position, email Mark.Libes@AccountantsForYou.com and make sure to reference the position in the email!