Location: Princeton, NJ
Prepares federal, state & local tax compliance & return filings within all tax laws and regulations and research to ascertain optimal tax minimization; serve management and finance function by identifying and pursuing tax savings opportunities that enhance cash flow and earnings.
- Domestic Tax Compliance – Preparation of federal and state corporate income and franchise tax returns including all aspects of general ledger interface into RIA / Thompson Insource tax software, compliant with return processes and scheduling, determination of temporary differences, preparation of apportionment methods and data for state filings, calculation of proper tax base for state franchise taxes, and transitioning acquisitions including tax elections and nexus issues. Assist with estimated payment computations and filings, taxable income forecasts, tax allocation schedules and research of federal and state tax issues.
- Partnership Tax Compliance and Planning – Preparation of 1065 tax returns, tax basis and capital account workpapers, and analysis and review of partnership and LLC agreements.
- Tax Provision Support – Provide support for the return to provision annual true up process including reconciliation from tax returns as filed to tax provisions and assist with FIN 48 audit reserve analysis.
- Audit Support – Draft responses to IRS Information Document Requests and state tax inquiries; draft responses to Notices of Proposed Adjustments. Prepare the maintenance of the central tax files for all domestic subsidiaries; coordinate updates to domestic legal organization charts.
- Special Projects- Participate with the tax functional team in areas of tax minimization opportunities, 382 NOL studies, tax basis roll-forwards, Fixed Asset reconciliations, transaction taxes, tax systems and other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting or equivalent experience, and two or more years of corporate consolidated and state tax compliance experience in public accounting or private industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Experience with RIA / Thompson Insource tax software for return preparation
- Experience with JDE/SAP accounting software a plus
- Ability to manipulate word processing and spreadsheet computer software (Windows based Word and Excel); demonstrated work paper technique.
- Knowledge of tax laws (federal, multi-state and local); knowledge of financial, accounting (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)), legal and business principles.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrated planning and organizing skills; ability to think strategically/long-term.
- CPA a plus, experience with corporate and partnership tax return preparation and research; experience preparing return filings to tax provision tax provisions preferred.
To apply for this position, email Jason.Libes@AccountantsForYou.com and make sure to reference the position in the email!